Tuesday 18 August 2015

Playing lesson with European tour pro David Howell

In August 2011 played in a non handicap competition at Broome Manor golf club and won! my prize was a nine hole playing lesson with David Howell. I never got that lesson...until now!

My dad and I woke up at 6:00 for a 1 hour drive to Swindon, we arrived and I warmed up on the range. I played OK I didn't any birdies but made a few pars. I asked David some questions and just generally talked, David is a very nice guy and has had a successful year on tour so far! After the round we took some photos and he gave me some advice on my swing. He noticed I was coming too much in to out and I was hooking the ball, (which is a good thing for Charlie!) he gave me a drill which allowed my arms to stay more connected with my body. He also said I take my hands too far away from my body so I need to think there is an electric fence in the way, and then through impact I need to feel like the top of the club is pulling to the left. Overall great experience, thank you to David Howell for giving up his time to play with me.

Random fact: I won 4 years ago!