Saturday 21 January 2017

Getting Custom Fit for New Woods!

This was one of a plans for 2017. Buy new woods. My old driver (cobra bio cell) was too high spinning and therefore meant that most of the time I hit high shots (not a good thing when hitting into the wind!). So today I went to get custom fit for TaylorMade/Callaway woods! it was a great experience using GC2 and seeing the shot data. The club fitter (Gary Booth) said that my numbers were very impressive. It was a very eye opening experience and I am very happy with the clubs I got fitted for.

Clubs:

TaylorMade M2 2017 driver
12 degree head set to 11 degrees
HZRDUS project X
63g
Low Spin
Stiff (but tipped to make it slightly more firm)

Callaway GGB Epic 3 wood
15 degree head
Fujikura Pro 72
75g
Low spin/low launch
Stiff (but tipped to make it slightly more firm)

I am yet to be fit for a new rescue but it will most likely be the TaylorMade M2 rescue (to match the driver).


(Left: My data with Cobra Bio Cell Driver)