Friday 24 July 2015

Lesson with Charlie and a sneak peak at The Seniors Open!

Today I went to see my coach Charlie Gold for a swing lesson. I was struggling to hit a draw which is my preferred shot shape. I knew what I needed to do to fix it, I just did not have the confidence that I could fix it. Charlie gave me that confidence. I was really annoyed that I was hitting the ball right as I do not like to see the ball go right. However, I disliked the fact that I was then hitting everything left. Charlie asked me which shot I would like to be my bad shot, as Charlie rightfully said 'no golfer wants two bad shots, so he said that when the ball goes left you should be really happy as the ball didn't go left. I then started hitting it straight or with a small draw which I was happy about.


After the lesson my Dad rung our next door neighbor and asked him for Senior Open tickets as it was just around the corner. We saw about 30 mins golf as it was raining really heavy and play got suspended. Overall, a great day, thank you Dad for taking me to have a lesson, thank you Charlie for giving me the lesson and thank you Graham for getting us the tickets. :)